I will be doing something different. Usually I post something that i write up in thirty minutes and i don't look back to it, but for this one i'm going to post the intro a story i want to tell. I Will rewrite this intro until I feel like it is a good direction to start for where I want to go with this story. Well, enjoy.
________________________________________________
Old pens
"Where are you going?"
I stopped at the door and craned my neck to follow the voice. It was my mom. I gave her a quick reassurance, and said, "to write."
"Well don't stay out too late."
"Mom, i'm 28 not 16." I opened the door, then I exited one world and entered another. This was more of a state of mind if anything. One of my many methods for entering the zone, ya know, to get those creative juices flowing. I walked my usual path until i came across the local diner.
The place was the same as always. I walked in, waved to Pam, took my usual booth with a cup of coffee, took out my pen and pad, and stared at the blank sheets. An onlooker would probably assume, i was writing by telepathy, but i wasn't writing anything, because i couldn't write anything.
My indecision dragged on over the course of 3 hours and 5 cups of coffee, a likely unhealthy amount. But hey, even if don't write, I should i at least act like i write, right?
It was 11:35 when i left the diner; still early. With no wave of inspiration in me, I decided to visit a friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment